Doesn't it feel good when someone compliments your appearance? You feel confident and content. Our face is what everyone sees and we all want to look fresh and awesome. Our daily schedules have become so hectic that we tend to neglect our skin. Our skin is the largest organ of our body and it faces the harsh polluted climate, every day. It deserves attention and care.
A regular skincare regime can help you maintain a balanced skin and fight specific concerns like acne, dark spots, wrinkles, and scarring. A basic skincare routine needs you to follow a few steps, once in the morning and once at night.
A little breakdown of what these steps do and how they help your skin.
1. Cleansing- a cleanser cleans your face by removing dirt, excessive oil and impurities from your face.
2. Exfoliating- exfoliation helps remove the dead skin from your upper dermis, allowing the products you apply, easily get absorbed in your skin. Exfoliate no more than 2-3 times a week. Gentle scrubbing helps blood circulate to your face and gently toning your facial muscles, providing a toned face.
3. Toner- a toner is the last step of skin cleaning. It gently removes any dirt or product residue from your skin. It gives your skin a soothing effect, leaving it hydrated and glowing.
4. Serums/Masks- these components contain essential ingredients like Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Hyaluronic Acid, and peptides. Most are used in the morning skincare session.
Vitamin C is an antioxidant that helps with blemishes, cures uneven skin tone, and slows your skin's aging process. By promoting the production of collagen, your skin becomes radiant and healthy-looking. This amazing vitamin also helps protect from sun damage which causes discoloration and fine lines.
Vitamin E is also an antioxidant which is food for your skin. It helps control radical particles that can damage your skin. It protects the skin from the harmful UV rays of the sun, lightens brown spots and scars, smooths out wrinkles, and even provides moisture to your skin. Now this is a super vitamin!
Hyaluronic Acid is a hydrator and it aids in retaining moisture, and provide elasticity. It's great for dry skin and helps reduce wrinkles and fine lines.
Oil-based serums can penetrate the skin efficiently and are more effective. Products like Bio-Oil are great for dry skin, it helps with dry patches, Eczema and also lightens scars and stretch marks. This is a wonder product.
Retinol is essentially a source of Vitamin A that people take to prevent skin from aging. Retinol works best at night!
It helps by slowing down cell production and offers exfoliation benefits by clearing away dead cells. Cures acne by acting as a great relief for acne, it's exfoliating and cleansing properties help keep your pores clean and prevent clogging and further breakouts. It also reduces wrinkles by assisting collagen production. This is a MUST product for your skincare bag.
5. Moisturizing-this is the most important step after cleaning and prepping your skin your the expensive products we invest in. Even oily skin needs to moisturize, but use a light gel-based that doesn't clog your pores. Oil-based and cream-based moisturizers are for people who have dry skin. Moisturized lock in the moisture and products you have used.
6. Sunscreen-no day without sunscreen is good for your skin. It takes a while for it to activate, so better to apply it about 15 minutes before you leave the house. Read the labels when you buy your products, make sure the sunscreen is AT LEAST SPF 30. SPF tinted moisturizers are also in the market for people who just don't have time for both products. Remember, darker skin times needs more protection from the sun, because hyperpigmentation is harder to correct.
Initially start with a simple and basic routine to see how your skin reacts to the products. While buying products, make sure you buy mild items. Many brands use chemicals in their products, that's why the 'Natural Skin Care' phenomenon is trending hot these days. The internet has loads of DIY skincare remedies. Using natural ingredients for the steps above can help you to get to know your skin a lot better. Lavender, Aloe Vera, Rose, Charcoal, Avacado, Lemon, Honey, Chamomile; all these natural elements can be used in various remedies.
Lavender is an antioxidant which helps in reducing damage. Aloe Vera has antibacterial properties skills- it fights acne, relieves skin of irritation and inflammation. It's mostly water so naturally is smoothes the skin, providing hydration and moisturization. Honey is also antibacterial and helps smooth the skin. Charcoal has astonishing cleansing properties, it draws impurities out of your skin and helps reduce acne, giving you a radiant-looking skin. Oatmeal and Honey can exfoliate your skin like no other product ever. Natural skincare has the most amazing benefits. Using organic elements makes your skin breathable and young.
After a tiring day at work, your skincare regime also includes the process of cleansing and serums. Use Retinol and anti-aging creams to keep your skin moisturized the night to come. When your skin rests at night, it heals and rebuilds itself.
These products help rejuvenate your skin, giving you a young appearance and smooth appearance in the morning. Also when you use these products, don't forget to take care of your neck, arms, and feet. Gently cleanse your neck and apply moisturizer. You don't want to have a different colored face and a darker neck, now would you?
Though skincare is immensely important, eating clean also plays a huge part in having a healthy, clear skin. Drink a minimum of 8 glasses of water each day. Fruits and vegetables are food for your skin. Cucumbers, tomatoes, avocados, watermelon.. all these will help your skin become glowing and clear.
Exercise also plays an important part in keeping your skin healthy. When you exercise, blood flows readily to your face, providing fresh oxygen and minerals. Your facial muscles get toned, preventing sagging of skin and reducing wrinkles.
Post a Comment